Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Ummm, No Thanks

Well, I have to say I'm not in a great mood today. I think the Druggie Drama is just wearing me out. So pardon me if I'm a bit of a pain in this post, too. I also wanted to say thanks for taking the time to comment.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, maybe it's just my general funky mood, but I got asked out once again today by a man I have nothing in common with and I would bet my last dollar he's just looking to get laid. I know men like that are always around, but all these months since my last relationship has ended they have come out of the woodwork.
Usually I laugh it off after saying no thanks, but it's beginning to get on my nerves. I didn't miss this part of dating a bit. Yeah, I know, I had the one night stand that started this all, but truly that is not normally my style. So it's a bit irritating to get those invites where you know what they're after and what they're not. It's like they assume because I got out of a long relationship I need to rebound, and maybe they'll be the lucky one, or that I'm desperate - neither of which is the case. I don't know, I'm probably taking it a bit personally today because of my mood, but I'm weird about that stuff.
For instance, when I'm with someone, and get hit on by another man, I take it as an implication they think I'm a slut who wouldn't mind cheating on her man. I don't get flattered by it or enjoy the attention, it flat out pisses me off and I, being a big mouth at times, have made that clear on one or more occasions when that's happened. Oh well, I'm just pissy in general today and will save all five of you that read this from any further whining as my good deed for today.

No comments: