Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ex Drama and Current Interest Contemplation

Sorry guys, not a fun post this morning, I'm not in a fun mood. I haven't gone into too much detail about the ex, because well, that's over. I just gave you guys a bit of background. Where it was long term and serious, without getting into details, there is one little tie left that needs to be severed. Guess what? He won't.
I've had the usual "Can I come see you" messages, a message about a song that made him think of me where the guy wants to go back, and another one left on my voicemail. I've also gotten a nasty message about me seeing someone else - as if he has a say anymore. So is that why he won't get this done? Nope. It's just ego, a "mine" thing. Apparently in his world I am not supposed to move on. I don't understand that because I am genuinely glad for him that he's happy where he's at, and have been over our relationship for quite some time. He is, in some ways, but not in others. He doesn't want me moving on and this is his way of trying to stop it. It's frustrating as all get out. Why do some people have to be that way? Why not just be happy for me like I am for him and let it be? Ugh.
Sorry guys, but we spent a couple of hours emailing back and forth last night with me all but begging to get it done, then finally losing my temper. He still kept writing, but I ignored him because he's just not going to make this easy and that was as obvious as ever, and while I wish him well, I don't have the desire to chit chat with him. So what good did it do me? None. Nope. It's like spinning your wheels and I hate that. I just want him 100%, completely out of my life and he just won't let go and it's so frustrating for me. Well, I've whined enough about it this morning, so I'll move on to other another topic.
Dealing with my ex, well, it got me thinking about what is and isn't worth putting effort into, which I'm pretty big on anyway. That of course got me thinking about Mr. Perfect. I like the guy, I do, but I don't see the effort I like and that always makes me lose interest. After all, if a man doesn't think you are worth the effort, than as great as he may be, he's really not worth yours. I've already lost interest once and now had it sparked again, and the roller coaster thing isn't me so it's kinda do or die time on this one. I'm still in a wait and see mood to see if he comes in there. If he doesn't soon it'll ruin it, but that's how it goes sometimes.
Our mutual friend asked me about him last night and I told her the same thing. She said "I'd tell him that." Hmmm. Normally I agree that you can't expect a man to be a mind reader. However, in these situations, to me I feel like I've always just expected a guy to want to make the effort on his own, which he will if he feels the need. If he doesn't, see previous statement about losing interest and moving on. She disagrees.
Am I wrong? I don't know. I think it's more of a preference thing than right or wrong, with her and Mr. Perfect. I don't think he's any less of a man for lack of effort, just less the man for me. I'm sure the debate between my friend and I will continue over this, just because we discuss everything in our lives, but I will still feel the same way at the end of the day. So we'll just have to see what happens.
On a funny note, I did have the strangest dream about him. We were sitting on the home bleachers of the football field where he coaches, and he was playing his guitar and singing, wearing NOTHING but a baseball cap and his boots. That is the first time I've ever dreamed of a man being naked with nothing sexual happening, and it didn't. He sang, we talked, he just happened to be naked. I get the boots, huge turn on, I get the hat - he looks even hotter with a hat on - big time, and of course the guitar and football aspect are also turn ons. I so get the naked part. So all the shallow stuff was in the dream, but so was the conversation I like so much and there was no sex. I guess that was my subconscious way of admitting I like the deeper sides I've seen. The singing, honestly, I'd be content just hanging out and listening to him play and sing. After analyzing, it all makes sense, but I busted a gut laughing when I woke up and realized what I had been dreaming. Very, very strange indeed.

No comments: