Monday, November 12, 2007

The Joy of Hormones

With dating comes sex, and with sex of course, comes birth control. Ahhh the joys of starting birth control again. You see, before all the cheating, etc., my ex and I were trying to conceive, so birth control was obviously not on the menu. Now, even though I don't plan on sleeping around, I still want to have that added layer of protection. Enter the pill.
After much research I decided on which pill, as the shot was my previous choice and I will never go there again (weight gain, depression... no fun). Recently I actually got to start the pill, which this one claims protection in seven days. So I'm glad to have that issue taken care of, not thinking too much about it, until BAM... the hormones kick in. I myself am very sensitive to hormone changes in my body, and they don't agree with me. I recall, with a bit of detachment, how each time I switched birth control before, I had a period of almost pregnant like hormonal issues. When I cried over a song and poem last night, and I don't mean the glistening tear, but a steady stream, I realized it's probably best if I not make any major decisions in the next couple of weeks, or be around people I don't care for, or God forbid handle a gun. Hormones. Gotta love 'em.

No comments: