Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On Paper vs Reality

An update on Mr. Perfect: We'd been doing the friends thing, chit chatting here and there, and I had noticed that he has some tendencies that well, irk me. I'm sure he is a wonderful person, but that particular thing just jumps all over my pet peeves, which was a good thing since it thoroughly doused the little crush I had going really quickly. Still, I thought we'd have fun chatting, maybe writing a song together like he suggested. Then he took his tendency to be a bit rude, which screams arrogance to me, way over the top. He'd been keeping in touch here and there, and I realized I could do something really cool for him. So I shot off a few emails and got him where any sports fan would love to be. Not only did I not get a thanks, he just ignored the texts altogether. Nice, huh? So now I don't even want to be friends, because lets face it, who wants friends like that? The moral of the story is yet another reminder that what looks good on paper is not always so much fun in real life. Just do not remind me of that if I find a new crush... crushes are fun to have and pure entertainment while they remain a crush... so do not do me the favor of pointing any of this out in the future, unless actual feelings develop. I've noticed in the last couple of weeks that not being in a relationship is great, but not having a crush is kind of boring. Wish me luck on spotting a new one soon. lol

No comments: