Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Little Compassion, Please

So, do I feel any better after my late night rambling? Maybe a little. Okay, alot better. I'm still going to talk to the guy who runs that itty bitty bar so he can keep an eye out. What's on my mind most this morning is two young men who were in a wreck a few days back. One of my family members hears everything, even from neighboring counties, and mentioned it. I have had them and their families on my mind ever since.
I only know a couple of people from that area, and not these boys or their families at all. I just hate it for them so much. One boy is in critical condition, the other stable. I've seen firsthand what losing a young one can do to a family. It's a ripple effect that in some cases never seems to end. I can't imagine being the parents here, much less the boys who were hurt.
Why am I worried about strangers when I have plenty of stuff going on in my own life? It's just the way I have always been. I want to help. I have no idea what I could possibly do, but that' s my first instinct when I see or hear of someone who is hurting. I've gotten alot of flak about my tender heart over the years. Honestly though, I think this world could do with some more compassion.

No comments: