Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bye Football Fan

I wrote to soon, thinking I wouldn't have any news. Well, Football Fan called from work (thoughtful) and after a few minutes asked me about dinner Friday night and an activity of my choosing after. Of course, I had to tell him I had a big game Friday night. He laughed and said until the playoffs were over the only way he might see me is at a game. Could he accompany me to the game? (loved the phrasing) Alas I said no (a two hour away game is too long of a first date and there's no escape). So when he said what about Saturday night, I just had to tell him that I really enjoyed our conversations, but I didn't see it leading anywhere. I hoped we could still talk from time to time, etc. He was gracious about it, and I felt like a jerk, but I just had no excitement for this guy. Ugh. I wish I did. He's cute, we have some stuff in common, the conversation flows easily. I thought I'd just play it by ear after the letdown factor, but that's just mean to waste his time. He's pleasant, but we didnt click well enough, share enough common interests or have any common friends to become friends of any kind. So bye bye to Football Fan. Here's hoping I didn't just shoot myself in the foot.

No comments: