Thursday, November 8, 2007

Football Fan

I had to run to the grocery this morning to pick up a few odds and ends. As I'm debating over vinegars I hear a stock clerk and another customer discussing an upcoming game this weekend. As the conversation turned to last weekends LSU v. Bama game, I admit I listened in. I don't know who of you saw that game, but at one point LSU tried to draw Bama offsides by shifting in. For those of you who don't watch football or care, they were trying to be cute. Instead, they were called for simulating a snap and then an LSU player got 'em an unsportsman like conduct penalty for removing his helmet mid tantrum. Well, stock clerk is insisting it was the wrong call. "Their hands weren't even down!" Personally, I think they got what they deserved, and of course piped in. For another five minutes or so we three talk about the game, and I excuse myself to finish my shopping. Round about the milk ailse comes the other customer, hereby known as Football Fan. He strikes up a little chit chat, and he's funny. I see what's coming, so I start paying attention. He's cute. With the exception of my ex I've always dated older men, but he's a little older than I normally go for. Still cute though, and he's kept me laughing another five minutes. In a credit to his gender, he just came right out and said "I'd really like to continue this conversation. You're interesting and I'd like to get to know you. Can I have your number so I might be able to take you to dinner, or a game? (he chuckles)." Thank you, a flat out request without a hint of arrogance. I like that. I did however, tell him I wasn't in the habit of giving out my number, but gave him my name and the name of the podunk town I live in (we have to travel for real grocery shopping lol) and said "If you're that interested, you'll find the number, how 'bout that?" He gave me his name, said nice meeting you and I look forward to talking to you soon.
Hmm, who knows if he will, but the conversation flowed easily and I love to laugh. He also had an old school gentleman thing going that I like. So if Football Fan calls, I believe I'll take him up on his offer.
While I have you here, a little side note. Yes, I write this as if someone else will read it, but it is mostly an outlet and an online journal for me. So you'll have to forgive my laziness at editing and whatever mistakes you may spot. I promise that at some point, for your sakes, I'll do better. I just can't promise it'll be today. :)

No comments: