Saturday, December 15, 2007

Restless

I have been feeling restless the last couple of days. As I described it to a friend, it's like that feeling when you're hungry, but nothing sounds good. I don't get that way often at all, and I must say I am not a fan. I stayed home last night, avoiding three events and making two friends a little upset I'm afraid. I just didn't feel right. It's hard to explain.
I'm glad I did though, as a friend called after midnight, needing to talk. His heart was broken, which made for a conversation that lasted well past 3 am. I am so tired this morning, but glad I could be there.
What's funny is, I don't even blink at late calls I get them so often. Many of my friends are guilty of drinking and dialing like I am, so I get those alot. I also happen to be the friend that friends call when they need a shoulder. They also know they can call me anytime, day or night, and I'll be there.
But after the phone call ended, sitting there feeling bad for my friend and still restless myself, I realized I could use a shoulder. It's strange how I never mind being that for others, but when I need it myself, it's hard for me to reach out since I'm so used to things being the other way around. Maybe I'll get the hang of that one day soon. Hopefully I'll get rid of this restlessness even sooner.

No comments: